Kennett is a small village and civil parish at the very eastern tip of Cambridgeshire, England. Situated around 2.5 miles north-east of Newmarket and 4 miles north-west of Bury St Edmunds, it falls into the district of East Cambridgeshire.
The small parish of Kennett covers 1,431 acres (579 ha) at the easternmost point of the spur of Cambridgeshire that stretches into Suffolk. Listed as Chenet in the Domesday Book of 1086, the village is named after the river Kennett, a tributary of the River Lark. The origin of the river's name is unclear, but it is of Celtic origin perhaps partially derived from cwm meaning summit.